Scott Faingold reports on arts & culture for the Illinois Times. (Find his bloghere.) We'll be turning to him for this podcast exploring the central Illinois art scene - everything from music, literature, visual art, film and more. With my focus also being on the arts world here in Springfield, and Illinois - we'll tell listeners about our favorite things to check out in the area. We'll be learning about new artists and musicians right along with you. Tune into our first (of a hopefully weekly) installment:
Events in this podcast include:
- Friday, Jan. 9th - electro/experimental/pop Springfield band The Luzhin play at Bar None in Springfield, show starts at 10
- Friday, Jan. 9th DEMO Project gallery in Springfield will have a reception for Virginia-based painter Anne Carney Raines, her show is titled 'A Case of Identity' - more info here
- Saturday, Jan. 10th - Springfield's Dumb Records celebrates its one year anniversary with a sale and show - more info here
- Sunday & Tuesday, Jan. 11 & 13 - See the foreign film 'The Lunch Box', part of the 24th Annual Molly Schlich Film Series. For more info on the series, which focuses on indie and foreign films, click here.
- Monday, Jan. 12th - LLCC James S. Murray Gallery opens its exhibit called 'The Glass Plate Collection: Images from The Illinois State Journal 1929 - 1936"
This article was reposted with permission from http://wuis.org/ - You can find the original article HERE