Thursday, Nov. 19, 2009 01:57 am
Community Wish List for 11/19/2009
Lend a hand to these central Illinois organizations this holiday season. Check Illinois Times next week for more local wish lists. Send lists to email@example.com
232 Bruns Ln., 792-2100
Sparc’s many programs for developmentally disabled adults do just what their mission entails: improve the quality of their lives. These programs include residential support, supported living, developmental training, respite, supported employment, family support and the Epilepsy Support Center.
- Educational games for adults with developmental disabilities Please check out the website www.MindWare.com or call 1-800-999-0398. These games range in price from $15.95 to $29.95.
- Nintendo Wii - Please consider donating a Wii to provide exercise and skills training
- Computers for training lab
- DVDs – CDs (any educational)
- Drawing and other types of paper for arts and crafts
- Beads, craft supplies, washable markers
- Paper goods of all types to supply our residential homes (15 homes)
- Laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, Clorox towlettes
- Gift certificates of any type and amount (restaurants, grocery stores, etc.)
Prairie Center Against Sexual Assault
3 W. Old State Capitol Plaza,
Suite 206, 744-2560
Prairie Center provides support for victims of sexual assault and their families, and serves as a resource for the larger community on issues relating to sexual assault and child sexual abuse. Their mission is threefold: to support and advocate for men, women, children and families who are affected by rape and child sexual assault; to offer compassion and ensure justice for victims; and to reduce the prevalence of sexual assault in the community, with a vision to create, through leadership and action, a community that is free of sexual violence.
- Angels or inspirational stones/trinket items that clients can hold in their hand while testifying in court
- Personal care services- massage, haircut, manicures, yoga, etc
- Gift Cards- coffee shop, restaurants, book stores, gas, etc.
- Clothing for Survivors to wear home from the E.R: *Specifically— New non-logo adult and youth shirts, sweatshirts, sweat pants, and shorts in neutral colors (grey, black, tan, white) in all sizes. New flip flops (sandals) in all sizes. New women’s, girls, and boys underwear in neutral colors (grey, black, tan, white) in all sizes.
- In-Kind Printing- for newsletters, special events and community trainings.
- Sponsors for 2010 Walk a Mile In Her Shoes event scheduled for April 17, 2010.
- Financial support for the “Hug Away The Hurt” children’s project.
- PCASA Logo items- pens, bags, water bottles, stress-ease balls and safety whistles to circulate at schools and during community events.
- Walk A Mile In Her Shoes Committee Members- This committee plans and implements the organization’s annual Walk a Mile In Her Shoes fundraising and awareness event in April.
- Raffle Items- gift certificates, electronic items, gift baskets, etc.
- In-Kind Website Design- PCASA is in need of a website makeover.
- Bus Tokens/Passes and Taxi Vouchers
- Crisis Accommodations- Hotel gift certificates and/or vouchers to provide a short term safe place for victims of sexual assault.