Thursday, June 16, 2011 03:54 pm
Artichoke, spinach, and blue cheese tortilla filling
- 1 c. coarsely chopped artichoke hearts or bottoms, either fresh cooked or canned
- 1 c. cooked chopped spinach, squeezed dry and tightly packed.
- 3/4 c. crumbled blue cheese, preferably Spanish Cabrales or substitute other blue cheese such as Gorgonzola
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 T. chopped fresh tarragon OR 1 heaping tsp. dried, optional
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Add the artichokes, spinach, blue cheese, the white parts of the scallions, and tarragon to the beaten eggs and stir to combine. Be sure that the spinach is well incorporated and not stuck together in clumps.