Sausages with grape sauce
“Once David quit making jokes about the sausage links and started tasting them instead, the evening turned around in my favor. I was at the stove and had just finished adding the grapes to the sauce. I dipped my finger in it for a taste test to adjust the seasonings, but he stopped my hand mid-route to my mouth. When he took it on a detour to his mouth, I knew it was going to be a good evening.” Susan and David, Anaheim, CA
- 4 links Italian sausage or other good-quality, freshly made sausage (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 T. olive oil if needed
- 1 shallot, minced (2 – 3 T.)
- 1 c. dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. seedless grapes, halved
- 1 1/2 T. minced fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 200. Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage links, browning on all sides. Pour a cup of water into the skillet, scraping the bottom to release any browned bits. Cover and cook until the water has evaporated and the sausages are cooked through.
Adapted from Intercourses. Used with permission.