Home / Articles / By Jacqueline Jackson
Poetry
Thursday, Jan. 6, 2011 12:00 am
well now it’s new year’s againan occasional poem is writtenfor an occasion: robert frostwrote one for JFK maya angelouwrote one for bill clinton butwhen wordsworth was england’spoet
Poetry
Wednesday, Dec. 29, 2010 12:00 am
we tried to keep track: this caring personcalled at the house this one sent flowers this one brought food this one wrote, e-mailed, phoned, this one prayed or chanted or arranged a meditation which li
Poetry
Thursday, Dec. 9, 2010 12:00 am
my brother-in-law listened toa life-weary friend of many years.“Have you learned to love yourself?”my brother-in-law asked.“I try,” said the friend, “but Idon’t suc
Poetry
Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2010 12:00 am
deep dusk I gaze down from thelittle cessna at the california roadsnow strings of bright moving beadsthe little towns puddles of lightthe big ones their mall areas awash spaced streetlamps tiny points
Poetry
Thursday, Nov. 18, 2010 12:00 am
I tell our grieving guest, I like that youcall us all “dear heart” that’s what mymother called me talie says. I say my momcalled us “lambkin” or “lambie,” and
Poetry
Thursday, Nov. 4, 2010 12:00 am

written by the biker in response to the recent Froggie ballad published here.

There once was a fellow named Mitch,whose traveling story was rich!While riding in a foghe picked up a frogAnd now they can’t tell which is which!  There once was a critter named Frogwho wa
Poetry
Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010 12:00 am
We’ve had several poemsby Xavier in this column.He lost his grandma,Carol Manley, familiar toIT readers, a year ago.He loved Demi and wrotea book for us, a line andpicture on each page.“Fo
Poetry
Thursday, Sept. 30, 2010 12:00 am
ok folks laugh but this houseIS on the enos park house touroctober 2 noon to 5 will weclean it well sorta at least sweepthe kitchen floor tidy it wellsorta but there’ll be a sign enterat your ow

Calendar