Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018 12:06 am
Inexpensive artwork options
* Mix and match. Whether using frames and prints of different shapes and sizes or placing two mismatched pieces of art side by side, mixing it up can create interest.
* Consider mirrors. In many instances, mirrors can be an affordable solution. Small mirrors placed in a series or grouping can be a creative and attractive display.
* Use identical pieces of art to create a diptych or triptych. This is a common design trick of interior designers to create the illusion of art in a series.
* Use black and white, which are often forgotten colors. If you are looking for a modern and minimal look, consider black-and-white or even all-white artwork.
* Frame posters, postcards, small prints, or even wrapping paper for colorful art solutions for a children’s room or bathroom.
* Go frameless. Frameless or gallery wrapped artwork is an affordable alternative.
* Go DIY. Making your own art can be both affordable and fun. Consider framing treasured mementos or have fun with paint.
Cathy Hobbs is an Emmy Award-winning television host and a nationally known interior design and home staging expert with offices in New York City, Boston and Washington, D.C. Contact her at email@example.com.